How do I reset my Nespresso machine after descaling?
With machine being turned off, press and hold down the Lungo button for 5 seconds. LEDS will blink fast 3 times to confirm machine has been reset to factory settings.
To exit descaling mode, press and hold the button and the lever at the same time for 3 seconds, or until the light becomes green. Allow the machine to rest for 10 minutes. The machine is now ready for use. The orange light will blink once every 2 seconds.
Q: Nespresso blinking orange light after descaling? A: This means that the machine needs to cool down before you can make espresso. Unplug the machine and let it cool down for at least 30 minutes.
Reset to factory settings
NOTE: Choose special function by pressing the lever down: 1 time for "Descaling". 2 times for "Emptying the system". 3 times for "Reset to factory settings". Turn the machine "OFF" by pushing the lever down for 3 seconds.
-Once the tank is completely empty close the steam valve and the machine will turn itself off. -Refill the tank and turn the machine back on. The descale light will now be off and you will be able to make coffee again!
- With machine being turned off, press and hold down the Lungo button for 5 seconds. ...
- LEDS will blink fast 3 times to confirm machine has been reset to factory settings. ...
- LEDs will then continue to blink normally, as heating up, until ready.
The descale light is a common feature in many coffee makers, and basically, when the descale light turns on, it is signaling that your coffee maker actually needs cleaning. The light can come on when particles of calcium or dirt collect on the inner parts of the machine, clogging the machine up.
Check the water tank to make sure that it's not empty.
If it has run out, simply top up the tank with fresh drinking water. Once inserted back into the machine the flashing lights should stop immediately.
- Turn the machine OFF, unplug the power cord, wait for 15 minutes for the machine to cool down.
- Plug the power cord and turn the machine ON by pressing the lever down. ...
- If the problem persists, please call our Customer Services Team and quote code WVP17.
- Open the machine head and let the used capsule be ejected. Reset to factory settings.
- Close the head. Leave the handle in “UNLOCKED” position. Reset to factory settings.
- Push the button 5 times within 3 seconds. The button blinks 5 x orange and changes than to steady white.
How do I fix my Nespresso orange light?
If you see this light, it means that you need to factory reset your coffee machine. To do this, make sure there aren't any forgotten capsules in the Nespresso machine, then close the head and leave the handle in the unlock position. Then press the button 5 times in 3 seconds.
*To turn off the descale indicator light once you have completed descaling your brewer, press and hold down the 8oz & 10oz buttons together for 3 seconds.
Nespresso Essenza Plus - Descaling - YouTube
- Open the machine head and allow the capsule to be ejected.
- Close the head and leave the lever in the unlocked position.
- Quickly push the button five times. ...
- If you were fast enough, the button will blink five times slowly to indicate that the reset was successful.